Who else has the thought “Why can’t I find the right clothes to fit me?”
You're not alone!
Without standardised sizing it is extremely difficult to pick sizing with brands these days.
Whilst you may be one size in a brand you will be a completely different one with the next which can be extremely frustrating when trying to pick your size online.
Celebrity apple shapes: Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Hudson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Tyra Banks
How to tell if you’re an apple:
- You are generally well-proportioned
- Your shoulders are broader than your hips
- You are not necessarily as curvy through your hips
- You don’t have a well-defined waistline (If you do, you’re likely an hourglass!)
Apple suggested outfits:
A-line silhouettes, flowy tunics, relaxed boyfriend button-ups, asymmetric tops and wrap dresses!
Some examples of our dresses for hire for your body shape:
Celebrity pear shapes: Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Kelly Clarkson
How to tell if you’re a pear:
- Your waist is wider than your bust
- You consider yourself to have fuller hips
- You have narrower shoulders in comparison to your hips
- You have a fuller rear
Try wearing a statement top or dress with an embellished neckline to draw attention to the upper part of your body. For pants, if you are going for a busy top go for bottoms that are fitted at your waistline and go for a darker shade, like navy or black for colour contrast.
Pear suggested outfits:
Celebrity hourglass shapes: Kim Kardashian, Dita Von Teese, Eva Longoria
How to tell if you’re an hourglass:
- You’d describe your body as curvy
- You have a well-defined waist
- Your bust and hip measurements are roughly even
- You may have fuller bust, hips, and thighs
Hourglass suggest outfits:
If you have an hourglass body shape – embrace those curves! Avoid baggy clothing and ruffles that appear around your shoulders and bust.
Rectangle (or ruler) shape
Celebrity rectangles: Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifah, Cameron Diaz
How to tell if you’re a rectangle:
Rectangle suggested outfits:
Inverted triangle shape
Celebrities with inverted triangle body shapes: Naomi Campbell, Demi Moore, Renée Zellweger, Miley Cyrus
How to tell if you’re an inverted triangle:
- Wide shoulders
- Big bust
- Undefined waist
- Body shape projects a sporty and athletic physique
Inverted body suggest outfits:
- Soften the broad shoulder line with soft, draping, and weighty fabrics
- Avoid wide necklines that broaden the shoulders and other strong shoulder details (eg shoulder pads)
- Steer clear of patterns on your tops and scarves around your neck and shoulders
- Keep your upper body clean and uncluttered